Generous employer-paid portion for medical, dental, and vision for both employee and dependent coverage.
Reporting to the Director of Site Development, the position is responsible for the startup of Mispro’s vivarium sites. The Deployment Equipment Technician will be responsible for ordering equipment for Mispro’s vivarium facilities. Equipment includes but is not limited to office furniture, carts, shelving, lab equipment, lab stationary, Transnetyx, -20 fridge, etc.
The Maintenance Technician will also perform corrective and preventive maintenance on equipment and serve as system expert to effectively perform troubleshooting and repair activities. It also requires a service provider mindset that supports a variety of customers within the biotech industry.
• Document new location to Vendors and order supplies accordingly for new vivarium site opening.
• Respond to emergency service calls and resolve identified issues in a timely manner and in accordance with all safety, quality and compliance requirements.
• Assist in the design, installation, and commissioning of new facility equipment and systems as needed.
• Minimize process downtime due to equipment or parts failures by evaluating the overall state of equipment, make recommendations for repairs or replacement.
• Manage yearly equipment certification for all Mispro’s sites.
• Interact with other departments to schedule work that is to be performed in their areas.
• Assist with maintaining facility appearance and conduct decontamination of facility during commissioning.
• Supervise outside contractors performing work at the facilities.
• Source and purchase parts for the group and maintain spare parts inventory
• Exhibits safety awareness and safe work practices
• May perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• 2 years’ experience in asset and site development field required
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to coordinate several diverse responsibilities
• Understanding of electrical system is a plus
• Understanding of control systems is a plus
• Show evidence of a capacity to build strong relationships with clients and departments.
• Function as a team player and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
• Have outstanding written, oral, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Have a strong capacity to network to build numerous contacts throughout the industry.
• Be capable of handling multiple projects at the same time.
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to create a safe environment
• Equipment calibration
• Equipment repair
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires up to 75% travel. travel between Mispro’s current sites and newly developed sites required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; physically enter confined spaces, climb ladders and work from heights; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mispro is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to embedding diversity, equity and inclusion into every aspect of our organizational culture, creating opportunities to learn, grow, succeed and thrive.
Don’t see a role that matches your experience? We’d still like to hear from you.
Submit your resume for consideration. Thank you.