MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for daily operational maintenance of the animal facilities and in providing appropriate daily husbandry to various laboratory animal species in accordance with all training, guidelines, regulations, and SOPs pertaining to Laboratory Animal Care. Primary duties are performance of daily vivarium physical plant and animal husbandry & maintenance duties (i.e. cage changing, +/-cage washing, animal & supplies receipt, inventory control & stocking, vivarium sanitation). Must be able to lift 50lbs and move heavy objects and be able to work from a standing position for prolonged time periods and perform repetitive motion tasks. Must be available to support weekend, holiday, emergency, and after-hour operational responsibilities. Other duties as assigned and required.
QUALIFYING CANDIDATE PROFILE
The qualified candidate will have strong interpersonal (transparency, professionalism, integrity, trust) and communication skills (written, verbal), a strong commitment to providing quality research service support, and dedicated to providing humane animal care in accordance with all guidelines and regulations pertaining to Laboratory Animal Care. Must be reliable, able to work well independently, and willing to participate in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, while demonstrating a focus on individual accountability for attention to detail in delivering quality and consistent results in the execution of all daily husbandry duties.
• 75% responsible for the daily maintenance of the animal facilities (sanitization of animal rooms, corridors, equipment) and providing appropriate daily husbandry to animals (predominantly rodents).
• 15% responsible for consumable supplies inventory management, ordering/receipt of incoming animals & supplies, maintain appropriate quality control documentation for relevant husbandry tasks & facility equipment.
• 10% Perform and/or provide collaborative support for cage wash operations (clean & sanitize cages & related equipment) as directed in support of Cage Wash Technicians.
• Site Supervisor
• With ‘matrix management’ communication (information sharing, integration, alignment of site team schedules) and daily task oversight to designated ACT I-III Lead (as directed by Site Supervisor)
EXPERIENCE (Entry Level)
• 0-5 years
• High School Diploma or equivalent is highly desirable
• None, AALAS-ALAT (or international equivalent) certification is highly desirable
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.