MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for daily operational maintenance of the animal facilities and in providing appropriate daily husbandry to various laboratory animal species in accordance with all training, guidelines, regulations, and SOPs pertaining to Laboratory Animal Care.
- Primary duties are performance of daily vivarium physical plant and animal husbandry & maintenance duties (i.e. cage changing, +/-cage washing, animal & supplies receipt, inventory control & stocking, vivarium sanitation).
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and move heavy objects and be able to work from a standing position for prolonged time periods and perform repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be available to support weekend, holiday, emergency, and after-hour operational responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
QUALIFYING CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Strong interpersonal (transparency, professionalism, integrity, trust) and communication skills (written, verbal), a strong commitment to providing quality research service support, and dedicated to providing humane animal care in accordance with all guidelines and regulations pertaining to Laboratory Animal Care.
- Must be reliable, able to work well independently, and willing to participate in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, while demonstrating a focus on individual accountability for attention to detail in delivering quality and consistent results in the execution of all daily husbandry duties
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
None, AALAS-ALAT (or international equivalent) certification is highly desirable
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Generous employer-paid portion for medical, dental, and vision for both employee and dependent coverage
- Employer paid life insurance for employee.
- Employer matching 401K plan
- Partnership with Morgan Stanley through MassBio
- Fully vests after one (1) year
- Extensive time off including vacation, holidays, personal days, and floating holidays
- Sick time
- Paid Family Leave in addition to state and/or federal required leave.
- Other benefits offered include:
- Voluntary life/AD&D,
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital indemnity plans;
- STD & LTD
- Law Plans
- Identify Theft Protection;
- Commuter benefits through Chard Snyder; FSA - Medical and Dependent care coverage
- Tuition and education reimbursement
- Annual incentive/bonus program
- Employee Referral Bonus